Wednesday, July 16, 2008


Recently a girlfriend of mine asked if I would paint a picture for her kitchen. She sent me links of this pottery that she wanted..........I went around and found some other forms of inspiration for her, of the same subject.
She brought me a 16x20 cardboard canvas (not my fave); I searched my stash and found a stretched canvas of the same size (figured I would surprise her with that).
Within the first day, I had about 80% of the painting done, just needed to add the detail. I put the piece aside for a few days
*always, put it down and walk away from it - gives you better insight into the piece.
Yesterday (July,15,08 - I finished the painting), I wrote her and said 'I have something for you', within 2 min she was calling me! Too cute!
We had agreed that I would bring it to her house today, but last night I just could not wait and took it to her - she Loves it!!!
All in all it took about 10 hours to complete.

2 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

What a beautiful picture..Hey, who wouldn't love that? Wonderful.

courtney said...

I just barely realized you have this blog, lady!

I DO LOVE THIS PAINTING!! It makes me smile everyday when I am puttering around the kitchen. It added so much to the whole room and is better than anything I'd imagined. Thank you a million times over. It's perfect!