- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of applesauce
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (I went with 1/4 cup of pecans and 1/4 of walnuts)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ground cloves
***I did 1 3/4c flour and 1/4c oats.
I also added 1 diced apple b/c I didn't have nuts or chocolate***
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add applesauce, blending in.
- Sift flour with baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add sifted ingredients to applesauce mixture and stir until smooth.
- OPT-Add raisins and nuts and stir until combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheet, spacing the cookies 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
The cookies come out nice and moist, like a muffin top.
Mine only made 2dozen b/c I didn't use a teaspoon to drop. :(