Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cornbread


Not to toot my own horn or anything, but
I make a pretty damn good cornbread.
I do a happy dance every time.

It's good on it's own.
or crumbled in buttermilk
(just enough to make it wet)
*my brother likes it in reg. milk*
or with syrup (the way hubs likes it).


Proud to say, I've turned a few cornbread haters.

I know it's a basic recipe.
But everyone needs a 'basic' recipe to work off of,
to add to.

nom nom nom

1c flour (self rising)
3/4c yellow cornmeal
1tsp salt
3tsp baking powder
1/3c sugar (I always add more)
3Tbsp fat (oil/butter)
1c milk
1 egg

MIX

Preheat oven to 425
in a Greased (butter/oil/spray) 8"pan

Bake 20-25min til golden brown.

Turnover on cutting board.
Slather with more butter
(try not to think about it)

ENJOY!
:)

No comments: