Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Uglies - Scott Westerfeld

Uglies (Uglies, #1)Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



1st: this book would be GREAT for kids to read (middle/high).

It's big on how one sees themselves and others. Looks are everything. To be happy, you have to be pretty. To be *normal* is shunned and to think for yourself is just not allowed.

I did not love nor did I hate this book.

I was halfway done with it when I wanted to put it down and not look back at it, but I was determined to finish. It gets better at or around ch. DAVID.

*My biggest issue is that Tally thinks she is ugly - only because she was brought up to think she is ugly as is everyone else. So, she was absolute in thinking that once she was 'pretty' (via a surgery) that everything would be better and she would be happy*



View all my reviews

No comments: