Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Woman in Black

The Woman in Black (Movie Tie-in Edition): A Ghost StoryThe Woman in Black (Movie Tie-in Edition): A Ghost Story by Susan Hill

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I was eager to read this book (the movie looks good). Thought to myself 'the books are always better'. Except in this case, dare I say that the movie may be better.

*short book, 164 pages*

1 thing I loath is lots of detail and there is quiet a bit in this book. Usually, I wouldn't be able to finish the book, but since it was 'good enough' for a movie, I figured I should finish.

The book is from the viewpoint of 1 man and his time at ___________ and the people he encountered. It's his personal 'ghost story'.

I guess maybe I've read a few 'true ghost stories' in my life for me to be not so impressed with this one.

No bloody gore, no murder - just 1 mans story.

The last 3 chapters got a little better and as always a twist at the end.


*I still want to see the movie and HOPE that it is better than the book*




View all my reviews

No comments: