Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I have a 'new' title...

...employee.
I haven't been called that in YEARS!

It isn't something I ever saw myself doing.
I basically applied to prove to hubs that I was 'trying', 
Who'd a thunk they'd actually hire me!
I mean, I have NO experience in this 'field'.

Well, I have 2 kids -
I guess that's what sold it (me).

It's an old folks home for Dementia and Alzheimer's.
It's gross, but someone has to do it.

It's sad -
the residents often ask 'to go home' or ask for a parent.

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THEM?!?
Calm them down and try to distract them (like you do toddlers).

I've taken a CPR/1st aid class.
I still have to take a 'medication class' - 
There is just SO MUCH to learn.

Oh yeah, and I am working the midnight shift.
SO far it seems to work for 'US'. 
I am somewhat of a night owl anyway-
and the boys are in school all day...
this way I can sleep (UNINTERRUPTED) for a good 7hrs+
It's only 4 days a week.

No comments: