Thursday, October 31, 2013



*The Headpiece* rather heavy.
I used 3 wire hangers to make up the base. 
Then I used 5+ rubber snakes and 4 smaller snakes, and wired them onto the base. 
Spray painted everything black (had previously painted the snakes black),
Used my Medusa dread falls (that I made) and wrapped those into the headpiece.
I read somewhere that Medusa liked shinny, I hit up many yard sales and my own stash to find pieces. 

*The Makeup*
Fishnet stocking over forehead.
I used Halloween black to dab on and then used glitter black powder to set it.
*The Eyes*
White upper lids.
Elmers glue + White glitter.
Dark purple in the crease and a lighter for under the brow. 
Light pink lipstick + purple eye shadow to set and color lips.

Put hair in pigtails. 
Put on 2 dread falls per side. 
Then used the other dread falls to balance the headpiece in place.
*Medusa dread falls - I braided the wavy yarn together in sections.  Then added any lil shiny bits to it.  THEN dropped into boiling water for a few seconds. Pulled out and let air dry for a few hours (days really, only cause I hadn't felt like messing with them sooner). Then strung onto another piece of yarn (like you do putting together dread falls normally).

*Black dress*

No comments: