Monday, March 1, 2010

My new fave food and something new

Squash Lasagna (similar to spaghetti, but w/ more cheese).

I took 5 summer squash and 5 zucchini (they were small enough Not to have the seeds removed) - washed.

Uniform slices. Boiled in salted water for 3 minutes.

Layered like you do lasagna. Or you can serve it up like spaghetti. Yummy! I never make lasagna or spaghetti with noodles anymore (it is best served a day later). LOVE.

*Notice
the nice green Pyrex dish I am serving it in (when my pyrex is cold, I ALWAYS put it in the oven to heat up with the oven at the same time - that way it doesn't go into shock and shatter).


I don't know what this is called, but I have seen it around and for some reason today I have been craving it.
Cook up a hamburger patty. Fry up an egg. Put the patty on a plate, top it with cheese and then top that with the egg. I served it with homemade brown gravy, but hubs and I both agree that it would have been better with salsa.








No comments: