Sunday, April 3, 2011

A Part of Home In Tater State ~ Bayou Dave's

Hubs and I had a date last night (it's a rare occurrence, being that we don't have family around).
We went to see The Lincoln Lawyer (thanks to the free passes I won last weekend).
Then we hit up this new joint here in town - Bayou Dave's.

I tried their gumbo (shredded chicken, sausage and shrimp), hubs had their Memphis sandwich (pulled chicken and pork topped with a dill slaw - hubs HATES slaw, but when he was done there wasn't a piece left). The fries were a seasoned shoestring type fry (similar to the Checkers fries -old drive thru, no longer around).


2 words - PECAN PIE!
OMGoodness, warm and perfect!


I'd say the gumbo was spot on!
There wasn't any preprocessed anything in any of what we had.
(the only complaint I had - I'm from the south and we like our stuff HOT...the HOT usually comes from Tabasco Sauce. I asked for Tabasco Sauce -to add to the gumbo- they brought me Franks Hot Sauce, not exactly the same thing, but I used it anyway).

I'd say Bayou Dave's was a WIN!

No comments: