Thursday, November 25, 2010
Not Your Usual Coconut Pie
For Thanksgiving this year - Hubs boss invited us, as well as other employees, to dinner.
I'm going to make my usual cornbread, my new favorite chocolate cobbler and something new--->
Mama’s Amazingly Easy Coconut Pie
2 Cups milk
3/4 Cup sugar
1/2 Cup Baking mix
1/4 Cup butter or margarine
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 Cup shredded coconut
Put everything except for the coconut into the blender. Mix on low speed for three minutes. Pour into greased pie plate. Let rest for five minutes. Sprinkle coconut on top. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
You can find this along with other Great recipes on SouthernPlate.com
Chocolate Cobbler (you will want to try this!)
* 6 tablespoons butter
* 1 cup self-rising flour
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 1/2 cups boiling water
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt butter in an 8x8 inch baking dish while the oven preheats.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth. Spoon this batter over the melted butter in the baking dish.
3. Stir together the remaining cup of sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder. Sprinkle over the batter. Slowly pour boiling water over the top of the mixture.
4. Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Serve slightly warm with ice cream.