Saturday, November 13, 2010
We have an excess of t-shirts in this house along with shirts that are well worn or have holes.
Hoss's old quilt (formerly, my quilt that ma made and that I used as filler when I made a quilt for Hoss 6 years ago). His old quilt was torn. He had been wanting me to recover it for a few months now, but I just haven't had the motivation to do so.
Yesterday, I went after the t-shirts with scissors (the scraps ended up being filling for a dog bed).
This afternoon, I sewed everything together. It took me a couple hours from start to finish...I LIKE IT!
The top of the quilt is made of the shirts and the back is regular ol' fabric.
*I should have taken before and after pictures, but I was in the zone...had I stopped to take pictures, I don't think it would have gotten finished tonight.