Wednesday, July 15, 2009

14 days out & 1st Drs appt

I've been nervous to see my doctor for my 2 week checkup. Mainly, cause I've cheated (a lil). Everyone's doctor is different and some doctors let their patients eat a few days after surgery...mine not so much. Mine has you on a 'clear' liquid diet the 1st week, a semi clear liquid diet the 2nd week, etc... I haven't done it much, but there have been a few days where I am just HUNGRY! I've had pintos and cheese, mushed banana, cottage cheese and apple sauce - all went down fine and I chewed, chewed, chewed before swallowing.
*He didn't ask so I didn't tell, that I 'cheated'.

I went in today and the first thing they do is weigh you. I'm down a total of 24 LBS since I started this journey on June 18 (700 cal diet, 2 weeks before surgery) - 8 of those since surgery. My weight loss will not be so drastic after this...I've been on a liquid diet, bound to lose weight. Tomorrow I get to start soft foods (basically all the foods, I've already tried). Tomorrow I also cut back from 3 protein drinks a day to only 2 and 2 meals. (been informed by hubby that the protein drinks are giving me bad breath). Anyway, I can expect to lose 1-3 LBS per week from here on out. :)

I have to measure my food, I should only be able to eat 1/2c to 3/4c of food at a time. I need to do this so I can tell my doctor if I can eat more (1c, 1 1/2c) - that will help in my fills.

I go back in 4 weeks (Aug 11) to speak to the trainer and also to get my 1st fill (Needle right in my gut! Ouch!) I hear that it is painless, but we will see.

I can not do much in the way of exercising for another 4 weeks. WALK, that is about the extent of it.

No comments: