Friday, July 31, 2009

- I don't have a green thumb -
















I remember the 1st sunflower I tried growing...it only grew to about 6 inches tall and then died.

Since we moved to Idaho - I have stuck to wild flowers...my theory is 'if they can grow in the wild then there isn't anyway that I can kill them'. I have a pretty little garden around my mailbox.

Last year I planted several sunflower seeds and I was happy with the results - I had a few sunflowers that grew to over 6 foot and I hand some dinner plate sized flowers.

This year - I planted more and I LOVE the result. The flowers have gone crazy the past couple weeks and the tallest is over 9 feet. All the sunflowers are in our backyard. I love the natural fence. I love the privacy they give us and not to mention the beauty.

No comments: