Monday, July 5, 2010

In a house full of boys - I need some pretty

This is a table leg I got from a friend. The table it came from looked to be like an old Pizza Hut table.



This here table top was an old coffee table that I bought at an antique shop here in town. I've had it for 5 years and did use it as a table once with an old Singer Sewing Machine base, but that didn't lend well to leg room.



For several years now I have wanted to paint this table top. I waited til I got an appropriate sized leg to go with it.

I started by drawing a grid and then sketching in a rose.



Started painting it on Friday...so not happy.



Needs to dry and then get a couple coats of clear on there. Then attach the base (which I painted a hammered bronze).

It doesn't look anything like the picture I had in my head (it would have been several shades of yellow/orange and green). This has more color and I. Like. It.

It is the perfect size for our family of 4.

No comments: