Friday, July 9, 2010

What do you get when you mix __________

Hoss and Sprout just love to watch iCarly (on Nick)...there is a food item that they speak of often---

Hoss asks me to make said item, and finally this week I caved and well...

Again with the store bought sauce (again - sad).



I made my own meatballs (I know, right! - I can make homemade pasta and meatballs, but I buy the sauce - lame!)

Recipe (everything is to taste)

2LBS meat
Italian bread crumbs (store bought)
S&P
Garlic Powder
Diced onion
1 egg
Parmesan Cheese *brain fart* I forgot to add this this go around, but still tasted rather yummy.

Then I pinched off a little (enough to make a large marble size), rolling in my hands to form a ball.

I took half the meatballs and cooked in the sauce (adding a little extra water to make sure they cook long and slow). Then put the other half in (of course, a Pyrex dish and baked off til done) - will use these at a later date.






So, what do you get when you add crunchy taco shells...



cooked pasta (store bought - sad)...



and meat sauce???



Spaghetti Tacos!



Sprout-



Hoss-



I *think* they liked it.



They were different, but good.

*If you fried up your own crunchy taco shells you could sprinkle them with garlic salt---that would be YUMMY!

Hubs and I agreed that this is not a first date meal. Nor will it be served at any 5 star restaurant.

Can't be a carb hater and eat these.

No comments: