Thursday, December 23, 2010

Done with Stressing Myself Out



I was seriously stressing myself out trying to come up with the *perfect* picture for our Christmas cards.

We took pictures of our feet in socks with Christmas lights thinking this would be a cute nontraditional Christmas card, saying something like 'sending warm thoughts or trying to stay warm'. I went to several online sites to create a card, but when the image uploaded it cropped out half the picture = FAIL.

Then I thought family pictures, again = FAIL, then I was thinking a picture of just Hoss and Sprout or the cats in Christmas hats or cats playing with ornaments or the dog with something 'Christmas' or or or - Do you see why I was getting stressed?

I finally said 'screw it, let's buy generic Christmas cards and send those out' (talk about Christmas Spirit).

We (as a whole) typically stress over the 'Perfect card' and hope not to upset someone by them not getting a card or the card not getting there in time or...

Then a light bulb went off - we spend money on cards + postage to send to family, friends, co-workers, etc - Said person enjoys them for 3-6 weeks and then takes them down to (hopefully) put in recycling or *gasp* the trash = throwing away hard earned cash. I don't know about you, but I don't like throwing money away.

*LIGHT BULB*

Take the money for the cards + postage and give to charity! As soon as I came to that realization...*waves to the stress going bye bye*.




I posted on FaceBook that we were doing this in lieu of cards this year (so family/friends would know not to expect a card) and my lil step-sis also took the money + postage and donated to a charity.

*I am not trying to pat myself on the back, just saying it feels good to GIVE.

No comments: