Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A Challenge...


Hoss and I did a 'Mom n Me' 5k on Sunday (Hoss did great! It was his first, I totally expected him to bitch and complain the entire time, but to my surprise, he didn't). :)

Also, to my surprise - he would periodically start running. I am NOT a runner...I don't like it and you can't make me! But, I had to keep up with him. A girlfriend saw me running and of course, a look of TOTAL SHOCK came over her face.

Sunday night, she sent me a link and a challenge - Couch to 5k in 9 weeks. I was a little hesitant to do it (like I said 'I don't like it and you can't make me!). It was a challenge and I like me a good challenge.

I went to the gym last night to attempt this (I sometimes do weights and walk the treadmill, but I mostly do aquacize {not s'pose to get in the pool for a week after getting tattoos, so - I am doing the treadmill/weights}).

Day1 / Week 1 - a brisk 5 minute walk followed by 1min run - 2 min walk - 1 min run - 2 min walk...do this for 20 min, followed w/ a cool down of a 5 min walk. You know what? I DID IT (and I don't hate my gfriend like I thought I would).

*cross fingers* I keep it up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate running too! There is too much stuff that jiggles on me when I run. Haha! Keep up the good work!

AmyC ~ said...

Thx! I surprised myself tonight.

This wk was walk for 2 min and jog for 1.5min. After the last stent of jogging, I wasnt tired...I wanted to see how far I could go, I did 6 min! I am SHOCKED!