Thursday, October 7, 2010

Cheese Crackers

It started out a couple weeks ago. I tried making cheese crackers (goldfish, minus the 'fish'). I figured I could do it like our grandmothers did umpteen years ago, by hand, with a bowl, a wooden spoon and elbow grease = fail. Were crackers around back then? I only ask because it was just so difficult.

So, determined Not to waste...I covered the dough I did make and stuck it in the freezer til I was able to get my hands on a food processor.

That day was yesterday. :)

I pulled the dough out of the freezer and let it come to room temp.

I assembled my new 'toy' (after washing). The hardest part was assembling the dang thang (southern twang, sorry...that's how I say it in my head).

I put in the machine and had to add extra water to get it to ball up like it was spose too.

2 c flour
2 c cheese
touch salt and pepper
3-4 TBS water til it balls just right.
Put in the fridge to rest for 24 hrs.
Pull out, roll (I had to do mine in several batches).
Cut to desired shape.
Sprinkle w/ salt.
Bake 350 for 16 min.











They kept puffing up like little pillows, so I stabbed them with a fork.



Tasty, huh?



They are good, but could be better. Add a little more cheese. Sprinkle with salt before baking and I think they would be PERFECT.

No comments: