Saturday, January 1, 2011

Castle Mural 2.0 (before and now pics)

Here it is a few weeks back. Dark sky. Road.


Here we are just before Christmas - road is water, sky is lighter with fluffy, white clouds and rounded out the edges.


and today.


I spent 4 hours working on the castle today. The road then water is now a road again with a little foot bridge (just the idea of it...when I go back next week, I hope to finish it, but it will probably be another visit or 2 to completely finish it an walk away Happy.

The flagpoles are up and the flags are flying in the wind (as though the wind is coming straight at the castle - that way the flags are flying both to the left and to the right).

I painted out the grass a solid green (I was not happy with the way it was looking. I will leave it be and when I go back next week, work on the detail of the grass).

Added a moat.

The square window in the front is now a stained glass window.

I added low lights and highlights.

Right now, I am in the mind set of stepping away from it, look at it when possible and critique it from a distance before I go in paintbrush first.


It's all in the details.

My client is happy with the progress.

No comments: