Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jack of All Trades, Master of None




This is the final product of the marshmallow fondant cake. My writing, well...sucks, (hence the title) but have you ever tried to write with a bag of icing and a small tip?
I am most proud of the flowers and the diploma.

IF you decide to try the fondant, my only tip would be to make it and use it the same day. I made mine yesterday and it was a bit of a headache to get it rolled out nice and flat (it was stiff and I had to add a lil water and work that in, before it gave in to what I was asking it to do).

I ask that you be kind when critiquing this (this is my first time playing with fondant).

*I was told that this fondant would not dry enough. But if you roll it out nice and thin, it will dry (mind you still mildly pliable - the petals would move if you tried, but not snap off).

*it wasn't a very large cake, but I wasn't trying to feed an Army....just a few folks. I baked in 2 - 8"x8" (vintage Pyrex) brownie pans. I cut the second layer in half and placed that on the first.

No comments: